Blogs > Lighten Up with Raymond

Raymond Brill, of Perry, said he hopes to lose weight so he can get on the floor and play with his grandchildren, whom he babysits twice a week.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Blog 22

There are a lot of things that keep me in this program. The idea of winning a prize is one. Dinners at Aladdin's Eatery is another. And the dreaded Weigh-In is the one that is on my mind when I get up in the morning.  Those things are incentives but there are a few that only some one on the program can receive. 
One is the feeling of being lighter today than I was a day, a week, a month or 5 months ago.  You can't put that in terms of money.  It is a great feeling. Another one is putting on some clothes you haven't worn in a while or never worn because you bought them just before the last weight expansion. How about the comments that people make about you when they see you have lost a significant amount of weight.
Every day I take a long walk to help the weight reduction and increase my stamina. I started a waving to the people driving by just to share a good wish for the day. At first people didn't respond figuring I was some kind of a crazy old man. But now just about everyone waves back and if they are coming from the opposite direction they honk their horns. People notice me walking and often ask how I am doing. I am fortunate to have my own cheering section. I certainly can't give up on those people. They want me to be successful and like a double edge sword, I can't let them down. I am thankful for them.
My best cheering section though is my wife.  She says the greatest things that make me want to stay on the program.  Just little words of encouragement that make all the difference.  They help me say no to the goodies that are always a temptation. I am thankful for her help and encouragement.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home